05 July 2010

Book Review..... "No Sex in the City" by Lindsey N. Isham


For something new, I just finished a book written by Lindsey N. Isham, No Sex in the City; One Virgin's Confession on Love, Lust, Dating, and Waiting. Very well written and challenging for a woman, me, who is trying to start a new way of life. I have every mental intent to be abstinent until I remarry (if ever). The problem is, as Lindsey so eloquently explains, society doesn't live that way anymore.

When I tell men that I intend to wait, they don't call again or look at me like I have three eyes.

The interesting thing about her book is that she is a beautiful, gorgeous thirty something who is fighting societal norms to follow Gods advise for relationships and seeks His ways for selecting a mate. She provides her tips on finding a Godly mate and how to date without compromising her morals. It is a short, quick read, written with a witty humor and based on Biblical principals. I applaud Lindsey for her courage of convictions and the mental fortitude to live outside of societal norms. She challenges society to approach relationships with God colored glasses versus rose colored glasses.

The largest challenge from living this type of life is the small percentage of men who live a Christian life, then finding one who you are compatible with who could potentially be a mate. Many say they are "Christian" but they are not walking a Christian walk. Reading Lindsey's book has bolstered my courage to continue to try to live in abstinence.

No comments:

Post a Comment