15 April 2010

A little about me

I am the youngest of five girls from the Midwest. I had a hard time making friends during my school aged years. I have always considered myself above average in intelligence, but I was born with a birth defect on my face, a cleft lip, this caused me great consternation in school. To be brief, my fellow classmates were not kind, to the point of being cruel. Despite all this, I did fall in love with a wonderful young man during my High School years, we were deeply compatible. Honestly, I'm not at all sure why that never worked out with the exception that I went away to College and succumbed to the new found attention from other boys. The long distance and my need for attention I think destroyed our relationship. Then on a whim I joined the military. Since joining the military I have been married twice.
I have many regrets, but the biggest regret I have is that I have never learned how to be single. I never developed a sense of self identity. I have consistently sought personal validation from men. Recovering from my second divorce has been a real awakening period for me. I'll save that story for another day.
I am still trying to discover exactly who I am, determining my self identity, trying to keep it all together while I figure out how to be happy and single - on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment