23 December 2011

SINGLE and happier

Yes, I am single again.  I am happy with that.  I struggled to make myself want to be in a relationship that I knew wasn't right for me.  I am okay.  I have really realized I enjoy myself.  I don't have to consult with anyone about my time, my activities, my taste... anything and everything.  I have a lot of things happening right now.  I am trying to sell my house.  I am trying to sell my things/downsize and prepare for a HUGE move.  I am deploying in June for nine months and then try and figure out what I'm going to do in retirement.  I am really tempted to try and settle, at least for a time, in Florida.  I love the idea of living near the beach, swimming and scuba diving, travel and cruises in the Caribbean.  More than anything I want to be near my parents.  I can't seem to get them interested in living in Florida.  But, I know I am counting my chickens before they hatch.  Let me first focus on selling my house and downsizing my "things".

I am not dating at all.... it's off the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment